As I wrote yesterday, it was my hope that the Packers organization would see fit to invite me back every week if Ryan Grant rushed for over 100 yards yesterday. Well, guess what? He did and scored his first TD of the season. I have never been to a losing game and my streak remains intact. The Packers have won EVERY game that I've been at. The Colts were definitely favored to win, but a strong Packers D prevented that from happening (along with my presence!!).
After the bye week, the Pack take on undefeated Tennessee. Coach McCarthy - I'll be waiting for your call.
I had to catch most of the action last night, but what a great day of football yesterday. Here are some of my favorites from yesterday.
- Lee Evan's one-handed TD catch.
- Clinton Portis ran for 175 yards and a TD.
- Adrian Peterson ran for 121 yds and 2 touchdowns in what was an incredibly high scoring game.
- Calvin Johnson defied all expectations with 154 yards receiving.
- How about Roy Williams? Nope - not yesterday. It doesn't look like the Lions missed him at all.
- Big Ben put up big numbers.
- Trent Edwards was great and makes the 5-1 Bills legitimate contenders this year.
- Tennessee remains undefeated.
- Reggie Bush is out for 3-4 weeks (ouch!!)
- Tony Romo suited up, but told the coaching staff he just couldn't go. I feel sorry for those owners who started him on false hope.
- Steven "It's About Time" Jackson rushed for 160 yards and three touchdowns!
- Jeremy Shockey got hurt again and is unsure if he'll play next week in London.
- Brodie Croyle was back...and is gone again. Turns out that he'll miss the rest of the season.
- While not really newsworthy, I want to highlight Dwayne Bowe. Virtually every major site put him on the Sit list. Here I defied the Nerd and went with my gut. Bowe has been very consistent every week and he didn't disappoint. Nothing sexy, but consistency is appreciated!
Best of all - we still have a stellar game to watch tonight. Enjoy the game and good luck!
Be the first to comment on this post